CRP Information for Landlords


Subscribe to Landlords CRP email updates

Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) Requirements

If you own or manage a rental property and rent living space to someone, you must provide a  CRP to each renter if either of these are true:

  • Property tax was payable in 2021 on the property.
  • The property is tax-exempt, but you made payments in lieu of property taxes.

For the most recent form, see 2021 CRP, Certificate of Rent Paid.

For more information, see Landlord Instructions for Form CRP.


Calculations for Health Care Facilities

Health care facilities have special requirements for completing CRPs for their residents. 

Do not provide a CRP if a resident’s entire care is paid under any of these assistance programs:

  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA)
  • Medical Assistance (MA or Medicaid)
  • General Assistance Medical Care (GAMC)
  • Housing Support (formerly Group Residential Housing or GRH)

Note: If assistance programs pay only part (or none) of a resident’s care, you must issue a CRP.

Contact Info

Last Updated