CRP Information for Landlords
Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) Requirements
If you own or manage a rental property and rent living space to someone, you must provide a CRP to each renter if either of the following are true:
- Property tax was payable in 2020 on the property.
- The property is tax-exempt, but you made payments in lieu of property taxes.
For the most recent form, see 2020 CRP, Certificate of Rent Paid.
For more information, see Landlord Instructions for Form CRP.
Calculations for Health Care Facilities
Health care facilities have special requirements for completing CRPs for their residents.
You do not provide a CRP if a resident’s entire care is paid under any of these assistance programs:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA)
- Medical Assistance (MA or Medicaid)
- General Assistance Medical Care (GAMC)
- Housing Support (formerly GRH)
Note: If assistance programs pay only part (or none) of a resident’s care, you must issue a CRP.