Royalty Recipients


If you received mining and exploration royalties, you should claim the amount of Minnesota income tax withheld. To do this, complete Schedule M1W, Minnesota Income Tax Withheld, and include it with your Minnesota income tax return (Form M1, Individual Income Tax). Do not send in your federal Form 1099 or other forms reporting the tax withheld.

Note: If your royalty payer incorrectly withheld Minnesota tax, you must file a Minnesota income tax return to obtain a refund


Contact Info

Last Updated