Tax Law Changes


Congress passed several federal tax law changes in March as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). The Minnesota Department of Revenue is reviewing the state-level impacts of these changes.

No action was taken during the 2020 legislative session in response to these federal changes. We are working to adjust Minnesota tax forms to reflect the impact of the CARES Act and FFCRA. We will have more information soon on when our forms will be available and where to report adjustments.

Under current Minnesota law, if you amend your federal return due to CARES Act or FFCRA, you must also amend your Minnesota return. You must file the amended Minnesota within 180 days after filing the amended federal return.

For the latest information, subscribe to our Tax Change email updates.

Previous Law Changes


    Contact Info

    Last Updated