Parents of Stillborn Children Credit


If you are a parent who experienced the stillbirth of a child in Minnesota, you may qualify for a refundable credit of $2,000.

To qualify, all of these must be true:

  • You experienced a stillbirth of a child in Minnesota during the tax year.
  • The Minnesota Department of Health issued a Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth for your child. Request a certificate from the Minnesota Department of Health or call 651-201-5970.
  • You would have been eligible to claim the child as a dependent.

Claim the credit by completing Schedule M1PSC, Credit for Parents of Stillborn Children.

If you are a nonresident or part-year resident, you may qualify based on your percentage of Minnesota income from Schedule M1NR, Nonresidents/Part-Year Residents. 

Contact Info

Last Updated