Request Copies of W-2s


If you do not receive a federal Form W-2 or federal Form 1099-R from your employer by January 31 – or if your information is incorrect – contact your employer.

Contact the IRS if you have not received your form or corrected form by the end of February. For more information, view the Tax Topic 154 page on the IRS website.

To file your state return, you must include the substitute W-2 or 1099-R and a completed Schedule M1W, Minnesota Income Tax Withheld.

Note: If you do not have or cannot get your employer’s Minnesota Tax ID Number, contact us.

To find the Minnesota income tax withheld, refer to your final “year-to-date” paycheck stub. If you do not have a final paycheck stub, contact us.

Contact Info

Last Updated