Taxes Paid to Another State Credit

Minnesota residents pay state tax on income earned inside and outside of Minnesota. If you paid income tax to both Minnesota and another state on the same income, you may qualify for a credit for the tax paid to the other state.

Note: Do not claim this credit if you are a Minnesota resident who paid income tax to both Minnesota and Wisconsin on the same income. Instead, complete Schedule M1RCR, Credit for Tax Paid to Wisconsin.


Contact Info

Last Updated