Withholding Tax Classroom Training
The Minnesota Business Tax Education Partnership sponsors workshops to help business owners, bookkeepers, and accountants understand their tax obligations and how to meet them.
Employment Taxes and Employer Responsibilities
This seminar provides information on state and federal employment tax requirements and other employer responsibilities. Presenters include: the Minnesota Department of Revenue, Unemployment Insurance Program, U.S. Department of Labor, State Department of Labor, and Workers' Compensation Insurance.
- Worker Status: Independent Contractor vs. Employee
- Employment Tax Withholding, Depositing, and Reporting
- Unemployment Insurance
- Federal Labor Standards (wage and hour)
- State Labor Standards (wage and hour)
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
For a printer-friendly version of this information, see Employment Taxes and Employer Responsibilities Seminar Flyer.