Military Filing Extensions


If you’re serving in the U.S. military and cannot file or pay your Minnesota income tax by the due date (April 15, 2024), you can get an automatic extension. The exact rules depend on your duty status and where you’re stationed.

You do not have to file a separate form to request an extension. If you file a joint return, your spouse also gets the extension. 

Note: If the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, we must receive your return and payment by the next business day.


Contact Info

Last Updated