Service Member Spouse Tax Relief


Residency for Nonmilitary Spouses


If you are the spouse of a service member, you may qualify for tax relief under the Military Spouses Residency Relief Act (MSRRA).

Who Qualifies

To qualify, both of these must be true:

  • Your spouse must be in Minnesota on military orders
  • You must be in Minnesota solely to be with the servicemember

You or your spouse do not have to be residents of Minnesota or the same state. Some further restrictions may apply.

Note: You must use the same filing status on the Minnesota return as on the federal return. 


Contact Info

Last Updated