Reservation Income for American Indians Subtraction


Minnesota does not tax certain types of income received by American Indians. If you are an enrolled member of a federally recognized American Indian tribe, you may qualify for a subtraction that lowers the amount of your Minnesota taxable income.

If your income is exempt from Minnesota income tax, complete Schedule M1M, Income Additions and Subtractions, and file it with your state return.

Note: This subtraction may affect your eligibility for, or the amount of, the Child and Dependent Care Credit. The K-12 Education Credit is not affected, and the Working Family Credit is not affected for tax years 2017 or later.


Contact Info

Last Updated