Suspending Collections


The Minnesota Department of Revenue may suspend collection activity if you demonstrate an inability to pay. You must demonstrate this by:

  1. Explaining your circumstances
  2. Completing Form C58P, Personal Financial Statement
  3. Providing documentation to support your request.

What if I am a business and want to suspend collections?

We do not allow an active business to suspend collections.

How long can I suspend collections for?

It may vary. Suspensions are granted only for a specific period of time. When your suspension period expires, the collection process will continue unless you pay in full or set up a payment agreement.

We may file a lien when we suspend collections.

School Debt Deferral

If you are a student who cannot pay a school debt because of financial hardship, you may apply for deferral directly to the school. If granted, the school will recall the debt from us.

Contact Info