Refunds and Credits


When you file a tax return and pay more Minnesota tax than you owe, you may request a refund from the Minnesota Department of Revenue. If you owe a tax debt or other debt we are collecting, we may apply part or all of your refund to the debt. 

Credit Balances

Credit balances occur when your payments or credits exceed what you owe in current and unpaid taxes, and other debts. You may request a refund or apply the balance to future taxes. In some circumstances, we may apply the credit balance to other debts we are collecting.

Contact Info