Denying or Canceling a Payment Agreement


Denying a payment agreement

The Minnesota Department of Revenue may deny your request for a payment agreement if you do not provide the information we need to review it. We will send a letter explaining why we denied your request, with information on your right to a reconsideration by the Taxpayer Rights Advocate.

Note: You may not set up a payment agreement if you are in bankruptcy or have an active liquor license.

Canceling a payment agreement

We may cancel your payment agreement if:

  • You do not make the payments on time
  • Your financial status improves
  • You do not file and pay any tax return due
  • You do not provide updated financial information when requested
  • The collection of the balance due is in jeopardy

Contact Info