Residents Working Outside Minnesota


If you employ a Minnesota resident who works in another state (other than Michigan and North Dakota where reciprocity agreements apply), you may be required to withhold tax for the state the employee is working, for Minnesota, or for both.

Contact the state where your employee is working to find out if you must withhold tax for that state. To determine if you must also withhold Minnesota tax, complete the worksheet below.


Contact Info