Amend a Withholding Tax Return

If you made an error when filing a withholding tax return, you must amend (change) your return to correct the error.
You must amend your return if you incorrectly reported any of these:
  • Amounts for wages paid
  • Number of employees
  • Amount of tax withheld for the period 

If you need to correct dates or amounts on your return’s payroll schedule, contact us. You will need your:

  • Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
  • Business name
  • Quarter involved
  • Correct payroll dates and amounts

Note: If your changes also affect the original W-2 or 1099 information you sent to us, you must send us corrected W-2 or 1099 information. For details, see Form W-2c.

 Amend a Return

You may amend a return in our e-Services system to update the tax withheld, wages, and number of employees. 

Note: We may review or audit all amended returns you send to us. Keep all supporting documentation from your original and amended returns.

Contact Info

Last Updated