Wage Allocation on Form W-2


For Minnesota residents, you must allocate wages to Minnesota in box 16 of federal Form W-2, regardless of where they physically performed the work. Include all wages earned while working in Minnesota and another state.

For non-Minnesota residents, you must also allocate wages to Minnesota for work physically performed in the state. Do not allocate wages to Minnesota for Michigan or North Dakota residents who provide you a completed Form MWR, Reciprocity Exemption/Affidavit of Residency.


Contact Info

Last Updated