Submit Contractor Affidavit by Mail


To file a Contractor Affidavit by mail, you’ll need your Minnesota Tax ID Number. If you do not have a Minnesota ID number and did not have employees work on the project, you’ll need your Social Security number.

You’ll also need:

  • The beginning and ending dates you worked on the project
  • Project number
  • Total contract amount and amount still due
  • Project location
  • Project owner
  • Project owner's complete address
  • The name and address of the company hiring you (if you were not hired by the project owner)
  • Copies of certified contractor affidavits from each subcontractor

If you are a single-member corporation, you are considered an employee of your own business. For more information, see Withholding Fact Sheet 6 – Corporate Officers.

Note: Before the Minnesota Department of Revenue certifies a Contractor Affidavit, we must have all withholding tax returns and payments on file for the entire contract period. To file withholding tax returns or make payments, access your withholding tax account in our e-Services system. If you make a payment, allow 10 business days for us to process your payment before you resubmit your Contractor Affidavit.


Contact Info