Submit Contractor Affidavit by Mail
Note: Before the Minnesota Department of Revenue certifies a Contractor Affidavit, we must have all Withholding Tax returns and payments on file for the entire contract period. Log in to our e-Services system to file returns and make payments. Allow up to 10 business days for us to process payments before resubmitting a Contractor Affidavit.
To file a Contractor Affidavit by mail, complete Form IC134, Contractor Affidavit.
You’ll also need:
- Your Minnesota Tax ID Number (if employees worked on the project) or Social Security Number
- The beginning and ending dates you worked on the project
- Project number
- Total contract amount and amount still due
- Project location
- Project owner
- Project owner's complete address
- The name and address of the company hiring you (if the project owner did not hire you)
- Copies of certified contractor affidavits from each subcontractor
If you are a single-member corporation, you are considered an employee of your own business. For more information, see Withholding Fact Sheet 6 – Corporate Officers.