Withholding Tax Classroom Training
The Minnesota Business Tax Education Partnership sponsors workshops to help business owners, bookkeepers, and accountants understand their tax obligations and how to meet them.
March 13, 2020: To help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Minnesota, we are postponing all in-person education classes until further notice. We will announce the rescheduled classes on our website and through email updates. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For more information, see Our Response to COVID-19.
Employment Taxes and Employer Responsibilities
This seminar provides information on state and federal employment tax requirements and other employer responsibilities. Presenters include:
- Minnesota Department of Revenue
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Minnesota Department of Labor
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Worker Status: Independent Contractor vs. Employee
- Employment Tax Withholding, Depositing, and Reporting
- Unemployment Insurance
- Federal Labor Standards (wage and hour)
- State Labor Standards (wage and hour)
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
For a printer-friendly version of this information, see the Employment Taxes and Employer Responsibilities Seminar Flyer.