Request Copies of W-2s


If you do not receive a federal Form W-2 or federal Form 1099-R from your employer by January 31 – or if your information is incorrect – contact your employer.

What if I can't get my W-2 from my employer?

Contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) if you have not received your form or corrected form by the end of February. For more information, see Tax Topic 154 on the IRS website.

In some cases, the IRS may issue a substitute W-2 or 1099-R. However, the substitute form will not include any state withholding information. You must still complete and include Schedule M1W, Minnesota Income Tax Withheld.

Note: If you do not have or cannot get your employer’s Minnesota Tax ID Number, contact us.

How do I find my Minnesota income tax withheld?

Refer to your final “year-to-date” paycheck stub. If you do not have a final paycheck stub, contact us.

Keep all supporting documentation for your records in case we have questions about your tax return.

Contact Info