Withholding and Your Income Tax Return


If you had Minnesota income tax withheld from your income, complete Schedule M1W, Minnesota Income Tax Withheld. List all Minnesota income tax withheld from your wages, salaries, pensions, or other income. You can generally find Minnesota tax withheld on federal Forms W-2 and 1099.

Use Schedule M1W to report your wages and income tax withheld. Only report your Minnesota income tax withheld. Do not report federal income tax withheld, Social Security tax withheld, or another state's tax withheld. Nonresident Partners or Shareholders may have Minnesota tax withheld on Schedule KPI or Schedule KS. Include this amount (if any) on Schedule M1W.

Include Schedule M1W with your Minnesota income tax return (Form M1, Individual Income Tax). Do not include your W-2s or 1099s with Form M1.

Note: Keep copies of your W-2s and 1099s with your tax records in case there are questions about your return. For more information, see Recordkeeping for Income Tax Purposes.

Contact Info

Last Updated