Amending a Return in Special Circumstances


You may want to consult a tax professional when amending your tax return in these situations:

  • Divorce: You are amending a joint tax return when you and your spouse are now divorced.
  • Ponzi scheme: You were a victim of a Ponzi scheme. A Ponzi scheme is an illegal investment arrangement that pays fraudulent returns to investors from their own money or that paid by other investors (as opposed to actual profits).
  • Protective claims: You are protecting your right to a potential refund in the future (filing a protective claim).

Contact Info

Last Updated