Amending a Property Tax Refund
You may need to amend your original Form M1PR, Homestead Credit Refund (for Homeowners) and Renter Property Tax Refund, if your return has incorrect or outdated information affecting the amount of your refund.
To correct or change your return, you must file Form M1PRX, Amended Homestead Credit Refund (for Homeowners) and Renter Property Tax Refund. Common reasons to amend your return include any of the following:
- You made a mistake when completing your original Form M1PR.
- Your household income has changed.
- You received a corrected or an additional Certificate of Rent Paid, or CRP (for renters).
- You received a corrected Statement of Property Taxes Payable (for homeowners).
- You received an abatement that reduced your property taxes (for homeowners).