Minnesota Statute 287.04, provides the following exemptions from Mortgage Registry Tax:
(1) A decree of marriage dissolution or an instrument made pursuant to it.
(2) A mortgage given to correct a misdescription of the mortgaged property.
(3) A mortgage or other instrument that adds additional security for the same debt for which mortgage registry tax has been paid.
(4) A contract for the conveyance of any interest in real property, including a contract for deed.
(6) A mortgage loan made under a low and moderate income housing program, or other affordable housing program, if: (i) the mortgagee is a federal, state, or local government agency; or (ii) the assignee is a federal, state, or local government agency.
(7) Mortgages granted by fraternal benefit societies subject to section 64B.24.
(8) A mortgage amendment or extension, as defined in section 287.01.
(9) An agricultural mortgage if the proceeds of the loan secured by the mortgage are used to acquire or improve real property classified under section 273.13, subdivision 23, paragraph (a) or (b).
(10) A mortgage on an armory building as set forth in section 193.147.