Use Correct Version of Form M4X to Amend Return


If you need to amend your Corporation Franchise Tax return, please make sure you use the correct version of Form M4X, Amended Franchise Tax Return/Claim for Refund.

Form M4X has been updated annually since tax year 2010. Each update applies only to a specific tax year.

As a result:

  • To amend returns for tax years before 2010, continue to use the previous Form M4X that applies to all years prior to 2010—and is labeled accordingly
  • To amend returns for 2010 and after, use the Form M4X specifically labeled for the tax year(s) you are amending
  • If you use tax preparation software, be sure to verify that the program is using the correct version of Form M4X for the year you are amending

Find current year and previous years of Form M4X on the Corporation Franchise Tax Forms page.

Contact Info