Filing Extensions


For Corporation Franchise Tax

All corporations are granted an automatic seven-month extension to file Form M4, Corporation Franchise Tax Return.

You are not required to submit a form to receive a filing extension. If the IRS grants an extension to file your federal return that is longer than Minnesota’s seven-month extension, your state filing due date is extended to the federal due date.

No Extension to Pay

This extension is for filing only. There is no extension to pay.

To avoid penalties and interest, you must pay any tax owed by the regular due date.

For more information, see Corporation Franchise Tax Due Date or Penalty Information for Businesses.

How to Make an Extension Payment

Contact Info

Last Updated