Common Carrier Alcoholic Beverage Excise Tax


Any business that transports passengers within Minnesota, such as airlines, and sells alcoholic beverages to those passengers must file and pay Common Carrier Excise Tax on those sales.

The tax is calculated based on the total Minnesota miles divided by the business’s total travel miles for the entire filing period, also known as the Minnesota percentage. 


Contact Info