In 2014, eCRV replaced the paper Certificate of Real Estate Value process. The Minnesota Department of Revenue developed eCRV with the Minnesota Electronic Real Estate Recording Task Force, counties, title companies, and real estate agents. The system allows real estate professionals, auditors, treasurers, assessors, public data users, and Revenue to electronically complete, route, record, and analyze eCRVs.
Benefits of eCRV include:
- Ability for counties to alert submitters when changes are needed
- Workflows that move the eCRV from submitters to assessors, auditors, treasurers, and Revenue
- Public eCRV data in a searchable or downloadable form
- Elimination of paper retention costs for counties and the state
- More reliable and complete eCRV data for all users
In order to ensure continued success for eCRV, we have created an eCRV User Group and an eCRV Testing Advisory Panel.