Auto Theft Prevention Surcharge


All property and casualty insurance companies licensed to write comprehensive auto insurance must report the Auto Theft Prevention Surcharge. If you carry a license with Clause 12 from the Minnesota Department of Commerce, you must file a return.

You must file your Auto Theft Prevention Surcharge return using our e-Services system. To file the surcharge in e-Services, your Internet browser must meet the Minnesota e-Services System Requirements.  See e-Services Information for details.


Contact Info