Continuing Professional Education
The Minnesota Department of Revenue is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
Sales and Use Tax Classes Offered
We offer several sales and use tax classes at various locations in Minnesota. We also offer joint classes with some of our neighboring states.
- We offer basic and overview-level courses in the Taxes – Technical NASBA field of study.
- Our courses do not require preparation or prerequisites.
- In-person classes use the group-live instructional method and a PowerPoint presentation.
- Each class has room for 20 to 50 participants. We may cancel a class if there are not enough participants. If we cancel, you'll receive an email five days before the class.
- If you request CPE credit for a course, complete a Certificate of Attendance Request Form and return it to the instructor at the end of class.
- In-person classes are eligible for up to 4 CPE credits, depending on the class length.
Complaint Resolution Policy
If you have a class complaint, follow one or more of the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Provide feedback on your class evaluation
- Discuss your issue with the class instructor
- Report your complaint to the Sales and Use Tax Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Report your complaint to the department at email@example.com.
Complaints About the Department as Registered CPE Sponsors
Submit your complaints on NASBA's website or by mail:
National Registry of CPE Sponsors
150 Fourth Ave. N.
Nashville, TN 37219-2417