Registration Information


You must register your aircraft in Minnesota if you are:

  • A Minnesota resident or business who:
    • Acquired a complete or partial ownership in an aircraft
    • Brought an aircraft into Minnesota to be hangared
  • A non-Minnesota resident or business who does either of these things:
    • Operates the aircraft in Minnesota for more than 60 days of the year
    • Uses the aircraft for commercial operations based in Minnesota (it must be registered at least one day before your operations begin)

When you register your aircraft, you need to provide documentation to verify tax was paid or that the purchase is exempt. If the correct sales tax was not paid, you must pay it at the time of registration.

For More Information

If you have questions or need more information about aircraft registration:

Note: If you have an ongoing lease, you must show proof of sales tax payments to receive your annual registration from the state Department of Transportation.