Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 1/13/2012


Contact Us

Use of Information

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Top FAQs

  • No Top FAQs for this page
see all

Related Information

About This Page

You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of our public or private data about yourself. If you believe we have data about you that is not accurate or complete, you have the right to include a statement of disagreement with the data. We must include your statement any time we share the disputed data with anyone else.

To make a data challenge, write a letter to:

Data Practices Compliance Official
Minnesota Department of Revenue
600 North Robert St, 3rd Floor
St Paul, MN 55146-4400

Explain that you are challenging the accuracy and completeness of data we maintain about you. By law, we have 30 days to review your letter and to respond to your challenge.

If we agree with all or part of your challenge, we will correct the data. We will also try to notify anyone who has received the information in the past. This includes anyone you tell us has received the data.

If we don’t agree with your challenge, we will tell you why we believe our data is accurate and/or complete.

If you don’t agree with our explanation, you can appeal the decision to the commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Administration. Your appeal must be made in writing to:

    Commissioner of Administration
    State of Minnesota
    50 Sherburne Avenue
    St. Paul, MN 55155