Sign In
Last Updated: 1/8/2019

Fire State Aid

Contact Us

Property Tax Administrators

General 651-556-6091
Direct lines are listed at the bottom of each page when applicable
8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Top FAQs

Related Information

About This Page

‚ÄčSubscribe to Fire Aid and Police Aid updates and information

Fire State Aid helps subsidize pension costs for local governments and fire relief associations. A fire department's authorized representatives must submit Form FA-1, Fire Equipment Certification, to the Department of Revenue by March 15 to avoid losing part or all of its aid for this year.

Fire State Aid amounts are determined in late-September and paid by Oct. 1 each year. 

How do I submit my forms?

Form FA-1 and the Certification of Service Areas Protected are sent by mail to the city clerk or secretary of the nonprofit firefighting corporation in early January. Form FA-1 must be signed by both the city clerk or secretary of the nonprofit firefighting corporation and the fire chief.

The forms include the email address and mailing address where the forms should be sent. Please send by email or mail, not both.

What is the deadline?

The forms are due March 15.

We will notify by mail each city clerk or secretary of the nonprofit firefighting corporation if we have not received Form FA-1 by March 15.

What if the forms are not submitted by the deadline?

Any fire department that does not submit Form FA-1 by the deadline will forfeit 5 percent of this year's Fire State Aid for each week (or fraction of a week) that the form is late.

What if I didn't receive or cannot find my forms?

If you have not received or have misplaced your forms, please email to request a new set. The new set of forms will be emailed to you as a PDF within three business days.


FA-1 Forms ReceivedList of Fire Departments with Form FA-1 Received Date
2018 Fire State Aid Amounts2018 Fire State Aid Amounts
2017 Fire State Aid Amounts2017 Fire State Aid Amounts
2016 Fire State Aid Amounts2016 Fire State Aid Amounts

Service Areas and Apportionment Agreements

If your fire department has had any changes in service areas, you must submit new fire service agreements, new apportionment agreements, and/or notification of termination of contracts to our office. Changes in service area coverage will not be made for Fire State Aid purposes unless you submit this documentation.

Apportionment AgreementApportionment Agreement Form
Apportionment Agreement InstructionsInstructions for filling out an apportionment agreement form
Example AApportionment Agreement Example A
Example BApportionment Agreement Example B


Kristie Strum, 651-556-6074,