Steps for submitting Annual License Information
Prepare an Excel document using a copy of the Annual License Document. If a pop-up window appears asking for a password, click "Cancel".
Note: A separate row must be completed for each license. Do not leave blank rows. Do not rename tabs.
- AUTHORITY CODE – Enter your authority code from the Authority Code List.
- LICENSE TYPE CODE – Enter the license code from the License Code List.
- LICENSE NUMBER – If the same license number is issued each year, enter it. If the license number changes each year, leave this field blank.
- NAME – Enter the legal name associated with the ID provided.
- You must require the applicant to provide the applicant's Social Security number and Minnesota business identification number on all license applications. Enter only IDs which meet the criteria below. Leave all other ID fields blank.
- MN TAX ID – Enter the seven-digit number.
- FEIN (Federal ID) – Enter the nine-digit number.
- SSN (Social Security Number) or ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) – Enter the nine-digit number.
- EXPIRATION DATE – Enter the license expiration date.
After completing the required fields, rename and save the document with your Licensing Authority name (ie, City of Saint Paul).
Upload the completed file via the secured Electronic Data Exchange (EDE) site.
Login using the User ID and Password provided by the Minnesota Department of Revenue License Team. Do not change the User ID or Password.
Click “Transmit a File"
Select the MS Excel 2003(*.xls) Transmission Type (select *.xls for both .xls and .xlsx files)
Browse for your file name
Enter your contact information in the “Comments” field
Click the “Upload” button.
Thank you for submitting your license information