Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 1/3/2018

Credit for Tax Paid to Wisconsin

Contact Us

Individual Income Tax

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Top FAQs

  • No Top FAQs for this page
see all

Related Information

About This Page

Minnesota residents who pay tax to Wisconsin on income from personal and professional services performed in Wisconsin may qualify for a refundable credit.

When is this credit available?

The Credit for Taxes Paid to Wisconsin is available for tax year 2017.

Who qualifies for this credit?

This credit is available to Minnesota residents who work and pay income tax in Wisconsin at a higher rate than if their earnings were in Minnesota. This credit only applies to personal and professional service income.

How do I file for this credit?

Eligible taxpayers should complete Schedule M1RCR, Credit for Tax Paid to Wisconsin, to claim credit for taxes paid to Wisconsin. Visit our website in January 2018 for tax year 2017 forms and instructions.