Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 4/10/2014

Changing to a Seasonal Business

​If you operate your business for only part of the year, you can update your Sales and Use Tax account to tell us which months you normally operate. You must file sales tax returns for those months only. To update your account:

  1. Access your Sales & Use Tax account.
  2. Select the Account Information tab.
  3. Click the Edit link for the Is your business open all year question.
  4. Answer No for the question, "Is your business open all year?"
  5. Click the Next button.
  6. A list of months will display. Deselect the months you are not in business and complete the remaining steps.
Note: You must specify the accounting method used by your business – cash basis or accrual basis – if you haven't already done so. For more information, see Accounting Methods.