Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/7/2017

Suspending Collections

We may suspend collection activity if you demonstrate an inability to pay.

Active businesses cannot be suspended. 

Suspensions are made for a specific period of time.

You must demonstrate your inability to pay by explaining your circumstances, completing Form C58P, Personal Financial Statement and providing documentation to support your request.

When your suspension period expires, the collection process will continue unless you pay in full or set up a payment agreement.

When the department suspends collections on a case, a lien may be filed.

School Debt Deferments

If you are a student who cannot pay a school debt because of financial hardship, you may qualify for a deferment. You must apply for deferment directly with the school. If the school grants you a deferment, the school will recall the debt from us.