Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/27/2017

Denying, Canceling, or Changing a Payment Agreement

Denying a payment agreement

We may deny your request for a payment agreement if you do not provide the information we need to review your request. We will send a letter explaining why we denied your request, with information on your right to a reconsideration by the Taxpayer Rights Advocate.

Note: You may not set up a payment agreement if you are in bankruptcy or have an active liquor license.

Canceling a payment agreement

We may cancel your payment agreement if:

  • you do not make the payments on time
  • your financial status improves
  • you do not file and pay any tax return due
  • you do not provide updated financial information when requested
  • the collection of the balance due is in jeopardy

Changing a payment agreement

If you need to change your payment date, frequency, or amount, we may agree to cancel the existing payment agreement and set up a new one. We will charge another $50 payment agreement fee for tax debt.