Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 2/23/2018

Submit Contractor Affidavit Electronically using e-Services (immediate approval)

Important Note

Before a Contractor Affidavit can be certified, the Department of Revenue must have all withholding tax returns and payments on file for the entire period of the contract. To file withholding tax returns or to make payments, access your withholding tax account in e-Services. If you make a payment, allow 10 business days for your payment to be processed before you resubmit your Contractor Affidavit. For more information, call 651-282-9999 or 1-800-657-3594.

 What you will need: 

  • If you have a Minnesota tax identification number, you will need your e-Services user name and personal password. Note: You must be registered as an e-Services master or account manager and have access to the withholding account; OR
  • If you do not have a Minnesota tax identification number and you did not have employees work this project, you will need your Social Security number.
  • The beginning and ending dates you worked on the project
  • Project number
  • Total contract amount
  • Project location
  • Project owner
  • Project owner's complete address
  • If you were not hired by the project owner (government agency), you will need the name and address of the company that hired you
  • Approved electronic contractor affidavit from each of your subcontractors 

To use our Web applications, you will need a browser that supports 128 bit encryption technology. See system requirements for information on supported Web browsers.

Step-by-Step Instructions

You may want to print out the following instructions for reference. For further assistance, contact a withholding tax representative at: 651-282-9999 or toll free, 1-800-657-3594 or email your question to:

1. Go to and click on the Withholding Tax link under "For Businesses." Then click on Contractor Affidavit information on Government Projects and click “Submit Affidavit Electronically using e-Services”.

2. Answer the two Contractor Affidavit questions.

3. Click the link to add an affidavit:

  • If you have a Minnesota withholding tax account number, you will be directed to log into e-Services. You must log in as an
    e-Services Master or Account Manager.
  • For the Contractor Affidavit link to display, select the More button to the right of the I Want to menu. Under the More menu, select Submit a Contractor Affidavit.
  • If you do not have a Minnesota tax identification number and you did not have employees work on this project, click the link "Enter New Affidavit."

Entering a new affidavit

1. Enter your contractor information.

2. Enter the project information. 

3. Identify who worked for you on this project. Enter the following information:

  • 3a. My employees
    If you previously indicated you did not have employees on this project, a checkmark will automatically populate in the "No" box.
  • 3b. My Subcontractors
    If you hired subcontractors for this project, a table will display for you to enter the following information: your subcontractor's name, Minnesota tax identification number or Social Security number and the affidavit number.
  • 3c. Other
    If you selected "Other," a box will display for you to explain who completed the work on this project.
  • After entering the information, click "OK." If your Contractor Affidavit request is denied, you will see a pop-up box that explains why. For more information, see "Important Note" at the beginning of these instructions.

4. Identify who hired you for this project.

  • If you indicated you were hired directly by the government agency, the information will automatically populate in the required fields.
  • If you were hired by another business, enter the required information and click "OK."
  • When all required information has been entered, click "Submit."  

Print your affidavit

If your Contractor Affidavit is approved, you will see a confirmation page. To print this page, click the "Printer Friendly Version" button and use your browser's print function.

To receive final payment

If you were hired directly by the project owner, submit a copy of the confirmation page to the project owner. If you were hired by another business, submit a copy of the confirmation page to the business that hired you.