File any past due returns as soon as possible to avoid additional penalty and interest.
You will need the following information in order to file your return electronically:
- Your seven-digit Minnesota tax ID number
- Your personal password
- Total amount deposited this period, including any credit carried forward from the previous period
- Wages paid during the period
- The dates you paid your employees and how much you withheld on each of those dates
- Number of employees during the period
- Internet access with at least Explorer 7.0, Netscape 7.0 or a compatible browser. For additional information, review our System Requirements.
You can find step-by-step guides to filing an original return by clicking on “FAQs” on the top left-hand side of the e-Services login page.
The department has a program which helps businesses come into compliance with Minnesota withholding tax laws. For more information, view the Voluntary Disclosure Program page.