You must file a return for each quarter even if you deposited all tax withheld or did not withhold tax during the quarter. Your quarterly returns are due April 30, July 31, October 31, and February 28 of the following year.
You will need the following information in order to file your return electronically:
- Your seven-digit Minnesota Tax ID number
- Your personal password
- Total amount deposited this period, including any credits being carried forward from the previous period
- Wages paid during the period
- The dates you paid your employees and how much you withheld on each of those dates
- Internet access with at least Internet Explorer 7.0, Netscape 7.0 or a compatible browser. For additional information, review our System Requirements.
You can find step-by-step guides to filing an original return by clicking on “FAQs” on the top left-hand side of the e-Services login page.