Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 9/22/2017

Update Business Information

Contact Us

Sales and Use Tax

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Top FAQs

Related Information

About This Page

 If you have a Minnesota tax ID number, you can update your business information using our e-Services system. For some changes, you will need to contact Business Registration, as outlined below.


You Can Make the Following Changes Through e-Services:

  • Changes in officers, business owners, or business associations
  • Changes in business addresses, contact information, email addresses, or NAICS code
  • Register new accounts
  • Close your business, but you must contact us to close your tax accounts
  • Cancel your Minnesota tax ID number if you close your business

You Must Contact Business Registration for the Following Changes:

  • Changes in legal entity (for example, a sole proprietor becomes a corporation or partnership)
  • Changes to your legal name (you may be asked to send a copy of your Secretary of State documentation)
  • Changes to your federal employer ID number (FEIN) on our records (you may be asked to send a copy of your IRS documentation)
  • Changing your filing cycle
  • Changing your tax year end month