What You Will Need
You need the following information to pay your Sales and Use Tax return by phone:
- Your 7-digit Minnesota tax ID number
- Your password
- Period for which payment is to be applied
- Amount of payment that you are making
- If this is the first time you have made a payment by phone, you will need your routing and account numbers available.
1. Using a touch-tone phone dial 800-570-3329.
2. Press 2 to pay a business tax.
3. Enter your 7-digit Minnesota tax ID number.
- Press 1 if correct.
- Press 2 if the number you entered is incorrect and re-enter you Minnesota tax ID number.
4. Enter your password followed by the pound (#) key.
- First-time users enter your temporary password. You'll be prompted to create a personal password, which must be 4 to 8 digits.
5. Press 2 to make a payment. Indicate who the payment is for:
- Press 1 to make a payment for yourself.
- Press 2 to make a payment for a client.
6. Press 1 to make a Sales and Use Tax payment.
7. Select the type of payment you need to make:
- Press 1 for an accelerated payment.
- Press 2 for an original return payment.
- Press 3 for an audit or amended return payment.
- Press 5 for a bond payment.
- Press 6 for an audit prepayment.
8. Press 1 to pay tax for the current period. Or, press 2 to select a different filing period.
- If you have sales tax returns that have not been filed, you will be given the option to file them.
9. Follow the prompts to pay electronically. The first time you pay electronically you will need to enter your bank routing number and bank account number.
You will be given a confirmation number. Be sure to write it down and keep it with your records for future reference.
- If paying by check and voucher, mail your payment to: