Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 12/15/2017

Filing an Amended Return

​If you discover a mistake on a previously filed Partnership Tax return, you must correct it by filing Form M3X, Amended Partnership Return/Claim for Refund. Use the most current version of Form M3X, no matter what year return is being amended.

When to File

You may file an amended return within 3½ years of the due date or within 1 year of the date on a tax order (bill), whichever is later. If you filed your original return under an extension, you have 3½ years from the extended due date.

How to File

You must file Form M3X on paper. Enclose any additional lists of changes, amended schedules and a complete copy of your amended federal return (Form 1065). Mail it to:

Minnesota Amended Partnership Tax
Mail Station 1760
St. Paul, MN 55145-1760

Reporting Federal Tax Changes

If the IRS makes any change or correction to your federal income tax, you must report it to the Minnesota Department of Revenue within 180 days. Visit Reporting Federal Tax Changes for more information.