Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 5/22/2018

MinnesotaCare Filing Extension

​Can I request more time to file my MinnesotaCare tax return?

If you cannot file your return by the March 15 due date, you may request a 60-day filing extension.

Filing extensions are available for the following MinnesotaCare taxes:

  • Provider Tax
  • Hospital Tax
  • Surgical Center Tax
  • Wholesale Drug Distributor Tax
  • Legend Drug Use Tax

How do I request a filing extension?

To request a filing extension, contact us at 651-282-5533 or You must request the extension no later than March 15. We will deny extension requests made after March 15.

When is my tax due?

A filing extension does not extend the time you have to pay your tax. You must still pay any tax owed by March 15. If you do not pay by March 15, we will assess penalties and interest on any tax due.