Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 6/9/2016

Extension to File Form G1

Your organization is entitled to one automatic 30-day filing extension during a 12-month period for Form G1 and schedules. This is a filing extension only, not a payment extension.

You must mail, email or fax to us your request for the filing extension by the regular due date. Extensions will not be granted over the phone. In the request, include:

  • Your organization's name, address, federal and state tax ID numbers and license number.
  • The month for which you are requesting an extension,
  • The date you expect to file your organization's return.

If your organization owes tax, you must estimate how much it owes and make an estimated payment. See Extension Payment for more information.

Additional Extension

  • You may request an additional extension if your organization is unable to file due to a demonstrated need or significant circumstance beyond your control.
  • You may also request a 30-day extension for a second month during a 12-month period.

For both cases, you must provide a written request that includes all the information previously mentioned, as well the reason(s) why you cannot file on time.

Your request must be received by the regular due date of the return, or by the automatic extended due date if you’ve filed for one. We will notify you in writing if your request has been approved or denied.