What You Will Need
You need the following information to file your Sales and Use Tax return by phone:
- Your 7-digit Minnesota tax ID number
- Your password
- If you'll be paying your tax electronically for the first time, you'll need your bank routing number and account number.
1. Using a touch-tone phone dial 1-800-570-3329.
2. Press 1 to indicate you're calling from a touch-tone phone.
3. Press 2 to file or pay a business tax.
4. Enter your 7-digit Minnesota tax ID number.
- Press 1 if correct
- Press 2 if the number you entered is incorrect and re-enter you Minnesota tax ID number.
5. Enter your password followed by the pound (#) key
- First-time users enter your temporary password. You'll be prompted to create a personal password, which must be 4 to 8 digits.
- If you don't have a temporary password call 651-296-6181.
6. Press 2 to make a payment.
7. Listen to the over the phone instructions to choose your tax type and complete the payment process.