Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 2/20/2018


Who must file and pay Microdistillery Distilled Spirits Excise Tax?

Microdistilleries in Minnesota use a different return than larger producers to report and pay the Distilled Spirits Excise Tax. The same tax rates apply (see Distilled Spirits).

When are the return and payment due?

You must file a return and pay any tax due by the 18th of the month for the previous month even if you had no inventory reduction to report.

How do I file this return?

You must enter your information into the Microdistillery Excise Tax Return Excel template and upload it into our e-Services system. For information on how to complete the Excel template, see Microdistillery Tax Return Instructions.

What are my payment options?

You can pay this tax:

See Make a Payment for more information.