Market Value Credits
Taxpayers receive market value credits in order to reduce the amount of taxes paid on real and personal property parcel tax statements. As a result, the amount of taxes received by the different taxing jurisdictions is lower than the levy amount originally certified.
The state of Minnesota reimburses the local governments for the following credits so they are not adversely affected by these programs, unless reductions are required by the legislature.
- Homestead Disaster Credit
- Local Option Disaster Credit
- Agricultural Homestead Market Value Credit
- Metropolitan Agricultural Preserves Credit
- County Conservation Credit
- Supplemental Taconite Homestead Credit
- Disparity Reduction Credit
- Border City Development Zone Credit
No reductions have been applied to the current or previous taxes payable year. For further detail regarding these credits, see the Auditor/Treasurer Manual.