Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Tax Professionals

e-Services: contact the tax type
Filing Tech Help 651-556-4818
8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Tax Professionals > What's New > Grants

  • Can grant funds be rolled over from one year to the next?Back to top

    No. Grant funds may only be used in the year in which the grant funds apply.

  • My organization would like to use some of our grant funds for advertising taxpayer services. Does the Department of Revenue need to approve our advertisements? Back to top

    You must email print advertisements to us and receive our approval prior to printing them. Email print advertisements to If we do not approve the print advertisements before you print them, we will not reimburse grant funds for these advertisements. We must review and approve print advertisements each grant period.

    All print advertisements must include the following language: “Service made available through a grant provided by the State of Minnesota.”

  • My organization received grant funding and used less than the award amount. What can I do with the remaining grant funds? Back to top

    You can spend the remaining grant funds on additional items that would fall under any of the four different categories:

    • Equipment and Accessories
    • Advertising
    • Salaries
    • Other Expenses

  • Do I need to provide receipts of expenses purchased with grant funds? Back to top

    Yes. Before we reimburse grant funds, you must complete a Reimbursement Request Cover Sheet to detail the specific expenses of your reimbursement request. You must include supporting documentation for all expenses (payroll records, timesheets, itemized receipts, invoices, mileage logs, payment records, etc.) to prove expenses are allowable within the guidelines of the grant contract.

  • Who owns equipment purchased with grant funds? Back to top

    Equipment purchased with grant funds is owned by the 501(c)(3) organization that entered into contract for the funds. However, the equipment must only be used to provide volunteer taxpayer assistance services.

  • What happens if the volunteer taxpayer assistance site closes?Back to top

    Email, or call 651-556-3052 or 1-800-818-6871 (toll-free), to terminate your grant contract.
    To be considered for this grant in the future, you must continue to provide timely progress reports and final reports for the grant period.

  • What happens if my organization fails to submit timely progress reports and final reports? Back to top

    We will not reimburse your organization for remaining grant funds, and you will not receive grant funds for the next fiscal year.